Dr. Kyle Worell is Manhattan and Westchester’s Choice for Active Release Technique (ART®) for Soft Tissue Injuries
We take a personalized approach to soft tissue injuries, which includes ART® ‐ it is not a one-size fits all therapy. We find the specific problem and work to correct in the most appropriate and effective way for each individual patient. Dr. Worell’s focus is to return patients and athletes to their activity or sport of choice as quickly and safely as possible.
What does ART® or Active Release Technique do and what conditions does it help?
ART® is a patented, state of the art soft-tissue system that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and the soft-tissues that surround them. To date, ART® has been known to help musculoskeletal conditions such as:
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain (Rotator Cuff, Capsulitis & Acromioclavicular Dysfunctions)
- Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Back Pain (Mechanical LBP, Piriformis Syndrome, Sacroiliac Dysfunction)
- Shin Splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Sprain/Strain
- Sports Related Injuries
- Repetitive Stress/Overuse Injuries
What happens during an Active Release Technique (ART®)?
Every ART® treatment session at our clinics, Dr. Kyle Worell, D.C., PC in Manhattan and Spine, Sports & Lifestyle Wellness in Westchester, involves a combination of examination and treatment. After initial evaluation and consultation, Dr. Worell will evaluate the soft-tissues related to your condition based on texture, tightness, and movement of the muscular, tendinous and fascial structures.
ART®’s treatment protocols, which include more than 500 specific moves, have filled a void in the management of musculoskeletal and soft-tissue conditions that is unmatched by any other technique; as such the expertise of ART® providers is highly sought after by amateur, professional and Olympic athletes, movie stars, Fortune 500 executives and insurance carriers alike.
Dr. Worell’s Advanced Training
Dr. Worell has advanced certification and professional training in ART® including:
- Spine ART® ‐ 82 protocols that involves cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine conditions including peripheral nerve entrapments.
- Upper Extremities ART® ‐ involving 106 movements addressing such conditions as golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, shoulder pain and injuries, neck pain and injuries and repetitive use conditions including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Lower Extremities ART® ‐ includes 96 specific protocols treating soft tissue conditions extending from the hips to feet.
- ART® for Nerve Entrapment ‐ complete system that involves interrelations between nerves, tissue via moving joints.
- Biomechanical Training ‐ including comprehensive biomechanical processes including functional activities such as lifting, walking, throwing, etc…